Most food allergies begin in childhood and predispose to a lifetime of allergy management. The first clinical manifestation of food allergy is often dramatic and it is possible to experience anaphylactic shock. Therefore, early identification and prevention of children at risk before first clinical manifestation are extremely important requirements.
The NAMIBIO App Consortium aims to
- Identify early predictors for the development of food allergy in children
- Minimize the burden of the disease before it even occurs
- Develop an application to guide doctors and parents of children with a high risk for food allergy towards prevention and timely tolerance induction.
NAMIBIO consortium consists of five Sub-Projects that are working in a harmonized way towards achieving the aims and objectives of the whole project
This project aims to develop digital health Application (App) versions to be used by:
- Parents of children at Risk (Parents App)
- Pediatricians and Practitioners (Professional App)